Bloomberg Software Engineer in Test - App Frameworks in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 68065
Bloomberg’s Software Infrastructure Application Frameworks group is known to the rest of the Engineering community for building libraries, development environments and services used by most Terminal application developers. And as important as that is, there is even more to this organization. We are also responsible for delivering software installed on clients’ desktops and for the tools used to deploy and automate portions of the build process used by Global Test Engineering teams.
That's where you come in. As a software engineer in test on our team, you'll help us automate our business and user Test workflows for Bloomberg Core Terminal applications and infrastructure. You'll focus on automated integration testing of our client-side software which is installed on hundreds of thousands of desktops worldwide, as well as work with new tools for the continuous build and delivery of software packages.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate on testing practices with a longer term focus of improving overall test coverage and release management.
- Build robust test automation frameworks and tools for quality assurance testing and anomaly detection
- Liaise with other internal departments such as Sales and Product management to deliver the highest quality of software to our customers
- Maintain a close working partnership with Engineering during all phases of the test and release cycle
- Enhance test frameworks and test scripts
- Actively participate in our daily scrums spanning across various testing methodologies
You’ll need to have:
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- 2+ years of Test Engineering/Automation experience with regression, integration(CI),and client/server performance testing experience.
- Strong Software Engineering skills including design, implementation and testing
We'd love to see:
- Experience with cucumber, gherkin, selenium or any other open-source libraries
- Experience with Jenkins/Bamboo and Git
- Familiarity with Lean Software Development methodologies.
- Project management experience
If this sounds like you: