Bloomberg Senior Software Engineer - Java Frameworks and Tooling (Consultant) in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 68215
Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone reaching over 80 million unique visitors a month through its digital properties. Web Shared Services team is responsible for creating APIs that enable other teams to build Apps, websites and syndicate data to our partners. We scale Bloomberg proprietary data to web scale and manage a suite of microservices to achieve this. Every webpage or app powered by Bloomberg uses our services to get data.
What's in it for you:
Web shared services is moving towards a fully CI / CD compliant deployment model. You will be working on enhancing and optimizing the next generation of our core microservices architecture. This includes automating and simplifying the creation, deployment and upgrade of our current and future applications. As part of your work, you will be creating cloud-ready, container-based services designed to serve data to millions of clients.
We'll trust you to:
- Enhance and optimize our microservices framework to allow continuous integration and continuous deployment of updates.
- Create comprehensive integration and unit-testing frameworks.
- Automate boilerplate code generation and standardize our existing suite of microservices.
- Develop and maintain documentation, training and SLA for managed applications and systems to socialize and be agents of change.
- Build proactive alerting/monitoring around applications to identify issues before the end users see them.
- Be comfortable with agile methodology, understand business problems and be driven to deliver value to business in an incremental way.
You need to have:- 3+ years experience in building Java based services in a Unix / Linux environment
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language, such as Shell scripting and/or Python
- Experience with Spring Framework's ecosystem, including Spring Boot and Spring MVCA strong understanding of microservices and Restful APIs.
Nice to have:- Experience with automation in build processes and code deployment (Jenkins/Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience working on high availability, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience with Node.js