Bloomberg Senior Software Engineer – CIS Platform in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 72367
At the heart of our business at Bloomberg is connecting decision makers to business and financial information, news and insight. As our industry has evolved, the way our clients consume that data has changed. Today our large enterprise clients and FinTech vendors demand tight integration of Bloomberg products with their own highly complex and time sensitive software systems.
The Bloomberg Connectivity & Integration Solutions (CIS) group is changing the way our Enterprise clients connect and integrate with Bloomberg by building an Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) offering, giving clients a flexible generic tool to self-service their needs. We engineer technology for high throughput and low-latency secure data transfer over a distributed cloud-based infrastructure. We allow our users to provision and get analytics over their integration suite with Bloomberg products, accessible through a single system available online (console.bloomberg.com) and in the Bloomberg Terminal. This is an area that is growing rapidly. With ever increasing demands for more capabilities in data transformation and analytics, we are building out our Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) offering through an architecture using a combination of open source, third party, and in-house technologies to scale to meet these demands.
We create the underlying common building blocks of the Bloomberg’s Integration Platform, including the Big Data Telemetry system, a high-performance messaging backbone, and a web app framework. This infrastructure provides capabilities to configure, provision, monitor various resources provided as part of our Enterprise Integration suite and exposed as a self-service tool to our users through our Web App. We are providing capabilities for Predictive Analytics and applied Machine Learning (ML) and exposing it to our clients. You will need to have experience programming in Java, TypeScript, Scala or Python. Strong problem-solving skills are also required. We would love to see professional experience with any of these areas: distributed systems, micro-services, big data, and web development. You will be working with a team of enthusiastic technologists and influencing the products' technical direction while working closely with our business managers. Our platform provides key insights to our customers about our Integration/Connectivity ecosystem.
You'll need to have:
- Work effectively with other Product and Engineering teams and be able to influence the product/technical vision
- Experience in engineering a hosted and distributed infrastructure, building micro services or Platform-as-a-Service solutions
- Can work in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Experience working with high volume consumer facing Web applications
- Is unafraid to work with a variety of technologies to develop innovative solutions.
We'd love to see:
- Experience with open source technologies such as HBase, Kafka, Flink, Docker
- Experience with Play framework and an understanding of HTTP/2 and RESTful API design
- Applied Machine Learning Expertise
- Knowledge of browser internals such as Rendering engines, Parsing and DOM tree construction, Layout, Painting and optimizing techniques
If this sounds like you, submit your application and indicate which of the opportunities you are most interested in. You can also learn more about the products we build at https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/integration-and-distribution/ https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/enterprise-gateway /