Bloomberg Senior Function Analyst in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 71741
Who We Are:
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Our Data and Systems team is responsible for projects, systems data and analytics for Media Sales and Media Operations within the Bloomberg Media Group. We provide analysis, projects management data warehouse and analytics for integrated solutions which help increase revenue and while improving operational efficiencies.
We'll trust you to:
- Manage and lead multiple independent projects, including testing, system process flows and delivery
- Contribute to the planning, execution and ongoing improvements to user interfaces
- Provide analysis and solution definition, understand and define as-is business processes and optimize them for new system implementations
- Identify client organization’s strengths and weaknesses and make recommendations for areas of improvement
- Translate business requirements into user stories ready for development
- Design user interfaces with a keen understanding of user experience and usability
- Work in close partnership with our Engineering teams to prioritize projects based on business and department needs
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Flexibility to multitask, prioritize and organize multiple projects and tasks while managing client expectations effectively
- Experience in database and system design, data modelling and cloud architectures
- A conceptual understanding of integrations and API
- Experience in the design, plan and execution of QA and UAT plans.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to adapt to various audiences communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- A customer-focus and consultative approach when collaborating and communicating with stakeholders
- Great analytical skills and creative problem solving experience within a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
We’d love to see:
- 3-5 years of media experience is helpful
- Prior experience working within Agile Scrum
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.