Bloomberg Product Manager - Connectivity & Integration Solutions (CIS) in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 68118
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, lead sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm’s business model or data. That’s where we come in.
Here at Bloomberg Connectivity and Integration Services (CIS), we help firms run that complexity. Providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology relationships, which ultimately drive lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of our customers’ needs, we believe we are uniquely positioned to help clients with this challenge.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg’s Connectivity and Integration Solutions (CIS) team is responsible for the development and deployment of the global enterprise integration capabilities within Bloomberg. CIS is enjoying an exciting period of growth and is currently seeking a senior-level software Product Management professional to join the team based in New York. As part of this dynamic team, you will be responsible for Bloomberg’s CIS Real-time Enterprise Workflows strategy, execution and go-to-market. Areas of product specialization include system integration and development of high-scale, cloud solutions for capital markets based on real-time messaging technology. This position will involve direct senior management interaction, defining business and technical standards across multiple business lines and defining developmental plans, priorities and budgets.
We’ll trust you to:
Own the development and growth of our Real-time Enterprise Workflows Products which support our global enterprise clients. You will extend and crystallize the Product vision, collaborate with Product Designers and Engineering to execute on this vision while planning a go-to-market strategy to launch creative features on a predictable and regular basis. You work will have a direct impact on the group’s P&L. Capital Markets, Order Execution and Trade Management experience is required as well as a shown skill-set encompassing technology, communication and project management.
You’ll need to have:
- 7+ years in a Product Management role where you were involved with:
- Collaboration with Product and Engineering to define target-state architectures
- Working with Design and UX
- Impeccable written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present to technical and business audience, including senior management
- A strong sense of ownership
- Knowledge of Capital Markets operational workflows for both the buy-side and sell-side as well as relevant asset classes
- Successfully shipped cloud software (i.e. Kubernetes, Dockers) with a technology vendor or technology-focused financial institution
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and garner support for your initiatives
- Extraordinary Project Management skills for Lean/Agile Software Development
- Software Engineering background or equivalent technical experience is strongly preferred
- Our technology stack includes Scala, C/C++, Kafka, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Camel, NGNIX and RESTful APIs
You’ll also be an authority in the following areas:
- Familiar with third-party systems such as Charles River, PFS, EZE Castle, FMC, SS&C, Murex, Calypso, SunGard, Custodians and others
- Lean/Agile Software Development Lifecycle plus JIRA
- Experience working with User Experience Designers, Visual Designers and Software Engineers
- Knowledge of messaging systems for like IBM MQ, TIBCO, MSMQ, Sonic, and JMS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/gateway/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.