Bloomberg FX Electronic Trading Business Manager in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 72361
Bloomberg FX extends the offerings of the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL service by providing a full suite of Foreign Exchange functionality including global FX news, data, analytics, electronic trading and communication. As a Business Manager for the FXGO platform, you will lead the FX Business team to develop Bloomberg's compelling/winning FXGO e-trading business strategy by bringing visionary ideas and deep market insight to the table. We will rely on you to provide solutions to help manage our existing client business as well as expand on our current offerings. You will also work closely with other asset teams to help realize a broader cross-asset EMS strategy.
We’ll trust you to:
- Clearly articulate and drive the strategy across multiple areas of the firm, including clients, engineering and communications with senior management
- Work closely with clients, prospects, trade support and Bloomberg’s sales force to understand client needs and to identify and prioritize emerging marketplace trends
- Manage the flow of in-bound product development requests, using excellent judgment to set clear and effective priorities, and managing timeline expectations with clients and Sales partners
- Express Bloomberg's FX e-commerce product strategy in well-thought-out, innovative, and intuitive product designs while working on a daily basis with several engineering teams to drive and oversee the development of our FX electronic trading product set in conjunction with fixed income, equity and commodity objectives.
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales on rollout of new products and enhancements and implementing overall FX electronic trading strategy to further our FX e-trading franchise
You’ll need to have:
- Proven and significant experience in overseeing product development from a business level and working effectively with programmers to build and deliver a world-class product to customers
- Deep understanding of the current functioning of the FX electronic trading market
- 7+ years of experience in FX -- on sell-side, buy-side, or at a vendor -- ideally in an e-commerce business /product management role
- Ability to rapidly assimilate detailed knowledge of, and develop strategy around, a wide range of electronic trading solutions, on a global scale
- Strong understanding of the companies participating in the FX electronic trading market
- Understanding of a client’s workflow and the foreign exchange process; strategy management, compliance, financing, trade settlement, portfolio analysis, order management and electronic trading
- Must be available for domestic and international travel.
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience using the Bloomberg Professional is preferred
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.