Bloomberg Bloomberg Intelligence - Litigation Analyst - Technology IP Sector in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 71641
Bloomberg Intelligence (formerly known as Bloomberg Industries) provides a comprehensive view of an industry and its key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional® service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. Bloomberg Intelligence also offers valuable written analysis, industry data and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts, giving trading and investment professionals deep insight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
You would be part of this growing team responsible for determining the impact of government legislation, contracts, regulations, and litigation on industry, companies and financial markets. We are looking for you to join our New York or Washington, DC based research teams.
- Identify, prioritize, research, and track key litigation with potential to impact business and the markets over issues for the Technology industry, particularly patent litigation and issues
- Engage in primary research, following key litigation, licensing and contract issues, as well as companies impacted
- Author and coauthor research on cross-industry and industry-specific themes for use in the BI function and other functions on the Bloomberg terminal
- Write research on a regular basis and communicate it to relevant Bloomberg terminal clients via phone calls, in-person meetings, and online chat
- Experienced attorney in good standing
- 4+ years progressively responsible law firm experience or combined law firm/in-house experience, specializing in the Technology IP
- General knowledge of the Financial Services industry
- Extraordinary primary research and writing skills
- Experience interpreting financial statements & performing quantitative financial analysis
- Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices, & procedures of finance & accounting
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player
- Knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal a plus
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively.
Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.