Bloomberg Senior C++ Engineer - Financial Analytics Services (Switzerland) in Lugano, Switzerland
Job Requisition Number: 66579
Every day, Bloomberg absorbs billions of data points from hundreds of financial markets. Our software engineers build the core foundation required to deliver data-intensive applications, which fuel the markets by providing intelligent analytics and transparency into these markets.In Bloomberg Lugano office, we build systems comprised of services, libraries and data pipelines capable of integrating, transforming and aggregating information from different sources to service product areas including multi-asset Portfolio Analytics & Performance Attribution, Indices, Stock Screening, etc.
Our teams share a passion to solve problems of today to innovate for tomorrow. We write high performance, low latency and scalable code using proprietary and open source technologies to develop large-scale systems. We like to work hard, collaborate seamlessly and deliver real life solutions to clients across all industries.
We'll trust you to:
- Be quick, resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator. You will balance the best of technical and product knowledge to create unsurpassed product solutions for our customers
- Partner with other product teams and customers diligently. You should be able to explain technical concepts in a non-technical way and be adept at managing expectations of your product teams
- Take responsibility for the full software development life cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance. Your work will be highly visible, making you highly accountable
- Enjoy solving highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Design, architect and develop libraries and software systems. Write well-tested, robust, performant code in a cross-platform environment
You'll need to have:
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms
- Proficiency in C++ including STL
- Exposure to all phases of the software development lifecycle
We'd love to see:
- Financial knowledge
- Expertise building high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Experience with databases
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we are a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.