Bloomberg Senior Software Engineer - Core Workflows Team in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 68422
At Bloomberg, everything moves at the speed of light, including our employees. Our Internal Applications Engineering Department builds the solutions that keep our global company running and growing, bringing a tremendous impact on our employees' day-to-day. We are focused on building high-quality and user-friendly systems that help our 20,000 employees around the world provide the best most seamless client experience.
What we do:
Our team supports an in-house workflow system that distributes and tracks work items across 80+ Bloomberg departments worldwide, tracking everything from network outages to broken keyboard replacements. Our system provides a comprehensive suite of tracking, reporting, searching, and administrative tools that allow each department to customize workflows to their specific needs, all the while supporting our high performance needs (a new ticket every 5 seconds, and an update every 0.5 seconds).Given the impact this system has on our employees' day to day, we need to build user-friendly application features and a fast and scalable backend system. All of our engineers work across the full stack and in an Agile environment (Scrum). You'll release code changes every week - sometimes even every day. Along the way, you'll collaborate with various engineering and business teams across the company.
We'll trust you to:
- Be creative, motivated and able to work in all areas of the tech stack- Have strong communication skills
- Be a team player and work in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and humility - these are our core values
- Have fun while doing great work!
You'll need to have:
- Software engineering experience in a strongly-typed object-oriented language (C++, C#, Java)
- Experience with full-stack development (UI, back-end services, and database)
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Python
- Experience with a relational database (MSSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with microservices, distributed architectures and containerization
- Experience with software development on a Linux environment
- Experience working in an Agile SDLC
- Experience with UI design
If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we are a good match! We will get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.