Bloomberg Senior Software Engineer (C++) - Buy Side Trading in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 83020
Bloomberg AIM (Asset and Investment Manager) is a buy-side trading platform used by the biggest players in finance. Our platform is a one-stop shop that enables everything from idea generation to trade execution and post-trade operations. It’s a huge system – built by more than 200 engineers – used to manage trillions of dollars each day. We’re the market leading platform, and Bloomberg continues to invest in our growth as a product and engineering team – that’s where you come in!
We are expanding the development team for the part of AIM we call Order and Trade Entry (OTE). This distributed Linux service provides all the business logic for the validation and booking of both Orders and Trades. It is a recent development, replacing a large amount of legacy code for trade validation and processing. The service is written in modern C++.
As part of this project, we are tackling the problems associated with large distributed systems like latency and scaling, balanced with the need for reliability and accuracy required for a business-critical system.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop well structured, reliable and testable modern C++ code
- Use industry best practices for testing, automation, and CI/CD
- Value team work and peer review of design and code
- Work with business teams on requirements
You'll need to have:
- Solid modern C++
- Linux development experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with a product team to gather business requirements
We'd love to see :
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of large distributed systems
- Work on systems dealing with Trades and Orders in any asset class
We believe interviewing is a two-way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire/ We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know !