Bloomberg Global Data Analyst - Russian Speaker in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 72758
Bloomberg runs on data and technology. In Global Data, we’re responsible for onboarding, analysing, and supplying it to help answer our clients’ questions. We manage data and workflow processes on the Bloomberg Terminal to help our clients solve problems such as how to measure the risk of monsoons in Vietnam, so clients looking to invest in agriculture there can make more informed decisions; or how to measure the real wealth of people in Venezuela, for clients who want to open stores in South America. We analyse data so our teams can turn it into insights for our users.
What’s the role?
You will apply your problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, implement technical solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes, build relationships with key players in the financial market by providing exceptional client support, and manage the financial data that feeds the Bloomberg Terminal.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
You will take part in the Global Data Training Programme which will help you build the foundation for your entire career at Bloomberg. You will enhance your financial knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company. The training will teach you financial concepts, data and the functions of our Terminal.
You will be matched with a team covering one or several of the following products; Commodities, Corporate Finance, Derivatives, Equities, Earnings Estimates, Economic Statistics, Fixed Income, FX, Funds or Global Data Analytics.
As your experience grows, you will have greater influence on Bloomberg's coverage of the market. Whether that is through technical or financial market expertise, project management or leadership.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Generate innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely
- Participate in projects and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Develop expertise in fast-moving market sector information
- Liaise with technology teams to enhance relevant product databases
- Enhance relationships with Terminal users to provide subject matter expertise by quickly and accurately answering client inquiries
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor or/and Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Management or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in Russian, English, and another European language
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills demonstrated in client facing environment
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong knowledge of the financial markets and ability to interpret financial statements and accounting principles
- Keen interest in information management and technology and product development
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate examples of improving or developing processes
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritise tasks accordingly
We would love to see:
- Programming-related knowledge and experience (VBA, SQL, Python, Regex, etc)
- Understanding of the equity and debt capital markets
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org