Bloomberg Equity Fundamentals Analyst - Russian and Romanian Speaker in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 68085
You love the pace of the financial markets and you’re always on the pulse with the latest market movements.
You’re the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying data that inspires breaking news and analysis.
You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems and improving processes relying on technology. You’re just the sort of person we are looking for to join our Equity Fundamentals team in Global Data.
Bloomberg runs on data. As a team we're responsible for reporting and enhancing fundamentals related content for the Bloomberg Terminal. We offer reported and normalized financials, key analytical ratios, industry-specific disclosure and Business Line and Geographic Segmentation data.
Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers, processing complex financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will help to ensure the consistency, quality and product delivery of a portfolio of companies.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
You will start in the Global Data Training Programme for two weeks which will help you build the foundation for your entire career at Bloomberg. Joining the Global Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data; providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company. The training will teach you financial concepts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal.
As your experience grows, you will be expected to have greater influence on Bloomberg's coverage of the Fundamentals market, whether that is through technical, market and industry expertise, project management or leadership.
We will trust you to:
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality financial data for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative work-flow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes and software
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News, Research and Engineering to enhance relevant product databases and functionality
- Manage large and complex data projects related to Equity Fundamentals market or industry specific datasets
- Take ownership and be proactive with key areas of responsibility
What we need you to have:
- Bachelor or/and Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Management or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in English, Russian and Romanian
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Python and SQL skills are a plus
- Practical experience in interpreting financial statements and strong knowledge and understanding of finance and accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills demonstrated in client facing environment
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast pace changing environment
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate examples of improving or developing processes
- Keen interest in information management, technology and product development
It would be great if you had one or more:
- Business fluency in one of the following languages: Bulgarian, German, French and/or Spanish
- Understanding of the equity markets
- Industry knowledge (for example Insurance, Retail, Automobile) and ability to identify key industry players and trendsetters
- Demonstrated interest in statistical analysis and database management with Python and SQL, or web crawling
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.