Bloomberg Consumer Reporter - London in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 72331
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and other events, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay ahead of the markets.
You're a tenacious reporter who will join us in our London bureau to cover the retail industry. You've got a record of scoops and exclusive stories. You've got a list of top contacts and news-making sources. You work efficiently and effectively under deadline pressure. You can spot key news developments in real time and produce insightful articles about trends and features, in collaboration with a global team.
We'll trust you to:
- Be aware of the major news stories and trends within our coverage
- Break news on the retail industry, including mergers and acquisitions, company earnings and business performance, executive changes and product developments
- Generate and shape story ideas with a strong story-telling ability
- Work with editors on accuracy and insightful coverage
- Contribute to a range of platforms
- Communicate and collaborate with teams across the company
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Previous financial or business journalism experience
- An ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
- Success in producing outstanding copy
- Knowledge of the economy, financial markets, and business
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think you're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.