Bloomberg Bloomberg NEF Petro-Chemicals Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 70203
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our Oil analysis team as an analyst based in London. You're one of those people who have a real passion for commodity markets, and want to be at the forefront of this rapidly changing industry. You are commercial, naturally form original opinions, and you have an exceptional ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to analyze critically complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our London office as part of the Oil analyst team, for Bloomberg NEF - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the future of energy, transport and commodities. Our team of experts, spread across six continents, provides independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and generation, oil & gas, resource firms, equipment manufacturers, banking and finance, and government.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
What's the role?
You will be responsible for undertaking primary research and analysis on economic, technology and policy trends that underpin the demand outlook for oil and oil products, producing written reports, presentations, tools and other products. Knowledge of oil fundamentals and in particular petrochemicals is desirable. You will also be responsible for answering client requests and supporting business development through client interactions in English.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop and implement market-driving research, products, data sets, forecasts, and tools
- Promote high degree of knowledge leadership in the market
- Track and understand implications of new technologies
- Together with other team members, identify topics of interest to clients, conduct research, and report on the findings in a timely manner
- Collaborate with a high degree of integrity with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry and promote/represent BNEF across a wide variety of senior partners
- Contribute to one-off pieces of consultancy on specific topics
- Present your research at conferences and clearly communicate it to clients and prospects
You'll need to have:
- Experience in commodities, energy markets, or utilities
- A degree in sciences, engineering, social sciences or business
- Exceptional communication skills in English, including reading and writing to conduct research and present your views to clients
- Confidence and accuracy conducting numerical analysis and familiarity with data
- Familiarity with financial markets, financial analysis, and corporate strategy
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, extracting key patterns, applying skepticism to the claims of industry participants and asking insightful questions
- Natural aptitude for graphically presenting data and writing clearly and concisely
- Curiosity and the ability to quickly understand, distill and relate complex topics to non-specialist audiences
- Confidence conducting research calls and communicating with senior industry contacts and academics
- Excellent time management skills and confidence working on multiple projects at once, able to keep up with a demanding, dynamic environment
We'd love to see:
- Experience in analyzing commodity markets, especially concerning petrochemicals and plastics
- Additional languages
- Post-graduate qualifications or professional experience in material sciences, chemical engineering, and/or commodities trading
- Internship or work experience in the commodities, oil and gas, finance industries
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.