Bloomberg Bloomberg Intelligence Research Analyst - Litigation in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 71164
Companies are the backbone of the stock and bond markets. Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") conducts in-depth research on large and midsize companies to help stock and bond investors effectively evaluate those companies. We analyse the unique attributes of each business, how it competes against other companies in its industry and how the business strategies and successes translate into financial results. Our analysts also research the technology, regulation, litigation and economies that will shape the environment for these companies and the related industry impact.
BI research is a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics created from company reported data as well as industry and government data. Analysts review, check and curate this data into comprehensive and logically arranged dashboards to support their own research and to provide Bloomberg Terminal users a platform to view and analyse the data as well.
What’s the role?
You will join our Litigation & Government team to identify, analyse and track legal and regulatory developments including proposed and final rule makings and significant enforcement actions to our core customer base.
We’ll trust you to:
- Identify, prioritise, research, and track key regulation and legislation for a variety of sectors; maintain them in the form of watch lists
- You will analyse this and related content (e.g., significant enforcement actions) for trends, impact, implications and expected next steps
- Facilitate research and analysis between all relevant Bloomberg analysts, including those at BI, BGOV and BNA
- Collaborate with peers in other geographies to compare and contrast financial regulation across major regions
- Author and co-author summaries on watch lists items and related actions for use in the BI function and other functions on the Bloomberg terminal
- Write research on a regular basis and communicate it to relevant clients via phone calls, in-person meetings, and online chat
- Engage in primary research, including regular dialogue with regulatory agency staffers, companies and associations, and related participants
- Identify, support and maintain critical policy-related data and functionality on the terminal
You’ll need to have:
- Graduate level education or equivalent experience
- Experience as an agency official or lawyer with familiarity within the relevant EU and UK agencies
- Prior experience with following proposed laws, regulations, court cases and analysing their potential impact on industries and companies
- Strong analysis, primary research and writing skills
- An entrepreneurial mind-set; be a self-starter and independent thinker
- A passion for collaboration, working with the team and other BI industry analysts
- A desire travel to regional offices as needed
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/ .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Date: 8th October 2018
Close Date: 5th November 2018
Salary: Competitive + Benefits