Bloomberg Technology Specialist - Data Center Capacity Mgmt in Dayton, New Jersey
Job Requisition Number: 83073
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg’s Data Center Capacity Management Team is trusted to help provide on demand compute capacity for stakeholders while handling Data Center key infrastructure constraints - space, power, and environmental stability. We collaborate regularly with teams across Bloomberg to help forecast and deliver compute infrastructure needs while implementing strategies for maintaining the Data Center operation.
What’s in it for you:
Data Center capacity management is more than just keeping the lights on. You will focus on key strategies and analytics around available capacity. You’ll help provide projections and forecasts for future purchases, as well as execution of product delivery. You’ll enjoy using your expertise in project management while helping us with our continual process improvement role by providing innovation on our processes and tools. You will also be relied upon to provide compute capacity in the Data Center for our clients and stakeholders. Swift delivery of our products while eliminating the manual operational overhead is our goal. Help us ensure our customers always have capacity by joining this fast paced and collaborative team.
We’ll trust you to:
- Innovate and refine our current processes to eliminate unnecessary operational overhead.
Work with Internal DCIM products to enter data, and create complex data templates for use in our inventory systems.
- Utilize project management skills to meet product delivery dates and project execution expectations.
- Create analytic reports around capacity, along with projections to meet the company demand for compute.
- Manage capacity around compute, storage, network, as well as space, power, and cooling in a Data Center environment.
You need to have:
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Experience working with analytics and reporting technologies such as Splunk, Qliksense, Humio, Grafana, DCIM etc..
- Understanding of data modeling and how it’s used
- Be a specialist in evaluating and implementing process improvement with a consistent track record in a related field
- Operational knowledge of Data Center environments and multi-platform hardware vendors
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Operational expertise in regards to Data Centers, compute, and network environments.
- BA, BS, MS, in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field or equivalent work experience
We’d love to see:
- Working knowledge of Jira concepts
- Experience with server/storage hardware technologies from third-party vendors
- Familiarity with Data Center environmental metrics and how they are interpreted
- Experience automating operations through familiarity with software development, python preferred
*May work in Dayton and Piscataway, New Jersey or Orangeburg, New York*
At Bloomberg, we are extremely proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.