Bloomberg Bindery Operator in Dayton, New Jersey
Job Requisition Number: 72837
Come join our award winning team. BINK, Bloomberg LP's global in-house print operation, offers offset, digital, wide-format printing and fulfillment services. With a staff of 32 and print facilities located in New Jersey, London and Hong Kong, the operation serves over 16,000 customers in 192 global offices, producing over 47,000 print requests in one year. We liaise with other business departments to produce the highest quality print products. On a daily basis the team receives challenging print requests and provides the best possible solutions.
Check us out here:
In this role on Bloomberg’s in-house print team we’ll expect that you have experience with all types of bindery equipment such as collators, cutters, inserters, perfect binders, saddle stitchers, and wire-o machines. You will run jobs from start to finish, so you’ll also be required to have extensive knowledge of setting up equipment, performing quality control and performing regular and preventative maintenance on all equipment. You will use past experience in bindery to produce a great variety of printed materials, ultimately helping bring creative print design to life.
We'll trust you to:
- Troubleshoot technical problems with finishing and postal equipment
- Set up, operate and trouble shoot all inkjet, mail meter & inserting equipment
- Strongly understand postal, print, finishing, and fulfillment related information clearly
- Monitor machine operation, and make adjustments as necessary to ensure proper operation
- Foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration globally
- Multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Perform all postal sortation, traying, stacking, and palletizing of mail
- Display confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness
- Count, package, and label materials as required
- Check for conformity to supplied layouts, and mail piece for conformity to USPS regulations.
- Process and schedule mailing operations
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years’ experience on bindery equipment such as collators, cutters, perfect binders, saddle stitchers, and wiro machines
- An understanding of mail piece design according to postal regulations
- Comprehensive understanding of postal regulations such as design and regulations
- Comprehensive understanding of print planning methodology
- Strong familiarity with all phases of print production
- Understanding of artwork/computer file requirements as related to the print request
- Ability to provide complete instructions on mailing and postal requirements
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Relationship management skills in order to partner with our design team
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.